Artur Sakunts. There is no other way, but dialoguing and joint discussions20:10, May 13, 2017 | News, Other news
Taking into account the discussions on the actions and inactivity of law-enforcement bodies and particularly the Police conditioned by the political processes of the recent days, which was accompanied by sharp criticism, insults and profanities, it find it necessary to mention the following:
- The subject of concern of legal defence is human rights, which exist in the field of government/including the Police/-human relations and can be breached only by the government and its representative, therefore
- Legal defence assesses the Government’s actions in terms of their equivalence with the principles and approaches set forth by the laws and international norms.
- A number of assessments were given regarding the activities of the RA Police by both local and international human rights organizations, systemic and specific issues were raised, international agencies like the UN, CoE, OSCE have formulated clear-cut messages on Police reforms in their documents and resolutions, which unfortunately keep repeating, it means they are not implemented.
- The RA authorities are not consistent in implementing police reforms, still the use of the law-enforcers for the persecution of political oppositionists continues.
- A great many data on the RA police activities, even the number of officers is kept confidential, transparency and accountability is not relevant.
- The investigation undergoing over the facts on violence and illegalities carried out by the police officials against the citizens is inefficient.
- Overall, the level of citizens’ trust towards the Police remains low.
Apart from discussions regarding the aforementioned issues in international instances during which, by the way, the explanations and comments of the RA government representatives are not convincing and reasonable, to put it mildly, it is necessary to convene discussions with Police chiefs and representatives in public platforms, however hard it may seem.
There is now other way, no other path, but dialoguing and joint discussions.