The RA NSS and Prosecutor General’s Office do not see grounds for initiating a criminal case against RA citizen Serzh Sargsyan19:33, May 18, 2018 | News, Own news
The RA National Security Service and the RA Prosecutor General’s Office did not find information containing elements of crime in the report submitted by Chairman of Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly-Vanadzor Artur Sakunts against RA citizen Serzh Sargsyan on April 9, 2018.
The RA Prosecutor General’s Office informed about this in a note dated April 27, 2018, and the RA National Security Service did so in a note dated May 4, 2018.
A. Sakunts mentioned in his application that during his tenure as President of the RA from 2008 to 2018, Serzh Sargsyan made use of the authorities granted to him by the RA Constitution to conduct a criminal policy.
“1. No legal assessment has been given; no investigation has been implemented, and nobody has been subjected to liability in connection with the killing of ten citizens of the RA and the unlawful use of armed forces against peaceful protesters on March 1, 2008.
- During ten years, the external debt of Armenia has grown from 1.5 billion USD to almost 7 billion USD.
- At least 30% of the population of the RA is poor, according to official data.
- According to official data, at least 350 thousand citizens of the RA have left the RA with no intent to return. The demographic situation in the RA has deteriorated.
- Corruption has become systemic, and, as assessed by the international organization Transparency International, the Corruption Perception Index has grown, reaching a level threatening state security.
- The environmental situation in the RA has deteriorated due to the uncontrolled pollution of air, land and water and polluters going unpunished. The result of this is the corruption risks and non-transparent and unaccountable manner of action in the field of mineral resource exploitation.
- The results of the RA presidential elections of 2008 and 2013 and the parliamentary elections of 2012 and 2017 were rigged. Free and fair elections were not ensured due to the massive, organized and continuous violations of electoral rights. The law enforcement agencies led by him resorted to exceptional inaction in preventing those violations.
- No investigation has been implemented in order to find out the circumstances of the death of at least 77 servicemen perished during the hostilities from April 2 to 6, 2016 despite the information on numerous deficiencies related to the organization and implementation of military service.
- Citizens of the RA were unlawfully subjected to criminal prosecution for their political views.”
- Dolmazyan, Prosecutor of the Department of the Investigation of Particularly Important Cases of the RA Prosecutor General’s Office, mentioned in his response that “criminal cases have been initiated in connection with the events that took place on March 1, 2008, and the investigation of those cases is under way.” As to the other points, he expressed the view that they do not contain information pointing out elements of crime. Head of the RA NSS Department A. Avetisyan presented a similar response.
Inaction has manifested itself in responding to the crime report with a note. HCA Vanadzor Chairman A. Sakunts will file an appeal against this inaction with the court.